Monday, March 17, 2008

SEPTA GUY: HOW I LOATHE THEE!

Now, I realize my life is pretty damn chock full of irony, but nothing boils my blood more than the situation with my SEPTA pass. SEPTA is the rail service and bus service of Pennsylvania. I take a commuter rail to and from work every day. THe cost for my zone is approximately $120. I religiously buy my SEPTA card and the collector religiously misses me each and every single day! BOILS MY BLOOD! HELLO?!?!?! Ask me for my ticket god dammit! I paid enough for it!

I have to buy my monthly pass in advance to gain full benefit, so I cant even say that one day Im just going to go cold and not buy one at all and see if I get asked for it. IF you buy your ticket on the train it's an extra two dollar surcharge on top of the already outrageous price for attempting to save the environment by taking public transportation.

Of course today I didnt get asked for my ticket/pass. As the collector walked past me I felt like jumping up and shouting HEY and throwing it at him, but alas, I did no such thing. It's because I was engrossed in my book. Yet, another reason to keep me pre-occupied on my commute.

:D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure costs a lot of green to go green!

Funny thing is, studies have shown that simple things like checking for tickets at a train station can lower crime rates by a significant amount. If you can't get away with the little things, how do you expect to get away with the big? The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell discusses this in a chapter.

And last I checked, Philly wasn't the safest place to live. I hear people sleep with pillows under their guns!

mystic-soul said...

your posts suddenly turned so mature..

r u taking 'creative writing' classes....or this is some other girl?