Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Where Am I???

It feels sooo weird to be blogging again. Havent done this in awhile. Well, I havent published any of my writings so far -- been using my blog space for my book chapters and random rants too risque to be seen or read by ANYONE!

I cant believe summer is almost here -- well, officially June 21st that is -- heat-wise I'd say its been here for awhile now. Ok -- enough about the weather -- I already have someone calling me specifically for the extended forecast every other night :)...

After work today I decided to take a short trip and check out a grocery store in a nearby town, Wegman's, recommended to me by a co-worker specifically for its seafood. I remembered seeing it on my way to another place about two months back but decided to drive there cold without any directions.

BIG MISTAKE!!!!

Now, normally, for the most part Im good with finding my way around -- ITS PHILLY FOR GOD'S SAKE NOT THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE!!! -- so getting to Wegmans was fine. I was really proud of myself for remembering where it was, etc. Getting back? Not so easy.

Too many numbers to keep track of -- 132....202...30....339...76....476.. 786??

Ordinarily driving is one of my guilty pleasures -- even more guilty due to todays rising price of gas -- however there are some times, like being completely lost, that driving drives me nuts! I honestly dont know how I got so twisted around. I made ONE wrong turn -- ONE bad decision and realized the hard way that there was no illegal u-turn or take-the-next-exit-and-come-back-the-opposite-direction trick out of the situation. And yes I am too damn proud to ask for directions. Its a freakkkin waste of time to stop....explain....listen...forget.....and end up even more lost. Oh! And somehow the times I have stopped to ask for directions the people I ask are ALWAYS FROM OUT OF TOWN! Sureeee they are -- who visits Bumfuck, PA on a Tuesday in the third week of Feb???

I ended up on the PA turnpike going south ------------ wayyyyyyyyyy south. Pride is very large pill to swallow -- UNLESS WHEN YOU HAVE TO PEE. My bladder happens to be the size of a pistaccio, distended! I had to stop and ask a man standing at the gas station.

Me: Excuse me, sir!!!! Im utterly completely stupidly lost -- I have no idea where I am. Can you tell me how to get back to __________??
(Note: Its not easy asking for directions to where I live since where I live has about gazillion different zip codes and is referred to as the Greater Philadelphia area in which no one has heard of my streets and I have to ask to be pointed in the general direction of a NEIGHBORING TOWN!)

Man (blows a whistle...scratches his head): You're a ways away...
Me: Um, where exactly am I?
Man: Devon (He said it like it was Beverly Hills or something and EVERYONE knew where it was!)
Me: Oh...is that in Philly?
Man (laughs and then realizes Im serious): Ahh, no... You're in Chester County beautiful!

DUDE! Chester County is like south south south like almost to DE south -- ok not that far but might as well be!

He ended up giving me perfect directions to put me back on the straight path home. It took me an hour and some to finally reach home.

...so much for a short trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know that area !!!

so I laugh out loud.....LOL