Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Farah's hurtin'

So I finally did it! I took the spinning class I've been wanting to take for soo long. And now Im hurtin' something awful! It was the seat! Those horrible, wicked, hard seats. Thats what the instructor warned me about too but I'm thinking, How bad can it be? REAL BAD! The first ten minutes were okay, then all of a sudden the pain came from nowhere. But it was ok cuz by minute 28 my ass went completely numb. Then it was all downhill from there. Actually, it wasnt. Because of the Tour De France going on, the instructor was modelling her class by what they do in practice, etc. We did a time trial thingy where you got uphills and you go hard for 15 seconds, then slow down when you're going downhill, then back up again. I didnt feel it in my legs at all, my main problem was the seat. Apparently they have these gel covers that I will totally go and buy tonight.

Last night was really fun. My parents, sister, and I decided to go out for a long drive. I wanted to show them my 'hood' ie mountains and valleys. Ahem, beautiful mountains, valleys, and lakes (oh my!). We went through Catoctin Mountain Park, yes, the super windy, 90 degree sharp turns. They loved it.

And get this! Apparently Catoctin Mountain Park is a Federal Park and also the home of Camp David. OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! I had no idea. Pa found out through the guy who was giving him a guided tour around the offices he would be supervising. I knew there was a reason for the military HMVs I'd seen but of course I thought it was just an awesome off-roading vehicle, and not for military purpose!

My dad was super cautious on the turns but it still made my sister freak, then she turns to me and says, "I am not going on this road with you. I bet you were doing like 50" 50? Try 65! And I found this one road thats totally unmarked... that goes parallel to this one major road so it cuts through the mountain instead of going around... perfect for off-roading (thats my new passion by the way...second to spinning! haha)

Ok Im at work super early...hopefully to leave super early (as long as Im not busy wasting time talking to 'The Peddler')

My phone charger has gone missing. Uff Allah! Allz I got is my car charger. ie. my phone is dead. I was supposed to call people from my home phone but now since Pa is living with me and working from home, he had my only line tied up all night. Oh and my laptop?? Still not fixed. :(

Tonight is my phone interview for a job in Chicago. Wish me luck, it just might be my ticket to visit ISNA weekend! Is that wrong of me? To take an interview just so they fly me out so I can visit family/friends? Im also applying to the Bay Area hospital so I can finally see Cali! haha. =)

Anwyay, armed with a steaming cup of coffee, Cheers to a good day, iA!

No comments: