Monday, July 31, 2006

Sisters

"If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child." - Linda Sunshine

This is probably the best way to describe how my sisters felt about me yesterday. I am so not used to being accountable to anyone for my whereabouts, but ever since my dad has been living with me I feel as if I have to let him know. But I still dont. I just dont remember. So yesterday I was using Pa's cellphone while travelling, leaving him with only his Blackberry (I dont have long distance on my apartment phone). He had no way of getting a hold of me, but my sisters did. And boy did they try. Out shopping with Noreen's parents, we took their vehicle, and my phone was in my car. At Noreen's house for dinner I left the phone out in my car. It dawned on me as I was leaving after 1am. I looked at the phone and noticed 15 missed calls between the two of them since 10pm., thats not mentioning the infinite number of calls I missed during the day.


...and I know what happend: Pa is always on the computer for work, and since his cable isnt hooked up yet he's using dial-up meaning it ties up the line. I had his cell, he doesnt use his Blackberry for anything but work. So he wasnt able to be reached. I wasnt picking up my phone, Im sure my sisters panicked knowing I was en route to somewhere.

Now, thats one scenario. Scenario number 2: my dad emailed them to track me down. Yelling at them over all those things he couldnt say to me. They took the heat, because I wasnt around.
This morning I saw my dad and he said absolutely nothing to me except, "Oh, you came in late last night." Thats it. No yelling, no lecture, no guilt-trip. My sisters saved me from a verbal lashing.

... I owe them? ARe you CRAZY!? Who do you think's got their back?

I always tell my parents.. "YOU'RE MAD AT (ENTER SISTER'S NAME HERE)!! GO TELL HER! WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME????" And they always say, "We do. We do tell (ENTER SISTERS NAME HERE) also when we're angry."

Prime example. They never do.

Now neither sister is speaking to me. But its all good, cuz next time will be my turn to take the heat from something they do.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are to have sisters that look out for you! You are truly blessed. Especially since you were out partying while your innocent sisters where at home taking care of the house...

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are to have sisters that look out for you! You are truly blessed. Especially since you were out partying while your innocent sisters where at home taking care of the house...

The Brown Girl said...

Baji? lol.

Anonymous said...

Kuch Saram Karo, Kuch Haya Karo. lol

The Brown Girl said...

APNA KAAM KARO!:P

Anonymous said...

To the blogger named "Anonymous":

I am sure you were joking but I feel the urge to back up my girl. She wasn't partying at my house on Sunday. She attended a class with Imam Bashar which consisted of prayer, thikr, and a discussion on Hajj. What did you do Sunday?

The Brown Girl said...

THATS RIGHT! what now...?? ahaha

Anonymous said...

Okay first of all, Farah, I think it was VERY inconsiderate and immature of you to "forget" YOUR DADS PHONE in the car, ESPECIALLY when you KNOW your sisters had no way to reach him or you. You should feel lucky that you have sisters that actually cared to call you to see if you were okay, knowing that you werent at a "meeting" in Philly, you were with a friend..who knows where. So next time you make a decision, think of how it will effect others. And also, if you dont want people to care about you...TELL THEM so they dont waste their precious time.

The Brown Girl said...

...ok I published that cuz ur my biatch!...

Readers.. meet Sarah.. my mom!

Ullu di pathi... like she aint never been err-responsible before!
Dont get me started.. hahaha :*

Anonymous said...

Did you learn how to talk to your sisters at Imam Bashar's halaqa?

"...ok I published that cuz ur my biatch!... "


LOL!

The Brown Girl said...

No, that was from the School of Hardknocks.. 'Bury style