Thursday, July 27, 2006

Late to bed, early to rise... What would Ben say to that?

I wish I had an exciting life and could come to work the next morning and tell you all about the people I met, places I'd seen, etc.

But alas, I dont. Last night was pretty uneventful. Left work late, went home, ran on my treadmill, then laid down and stared at my living room ceiling. Then it occured to me: I'm really going to miss my apartment. It's a really nice apartment, 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, living room, dining room, 1000 sq ft. I wont find an apartment like this in Philly. Oh yeah, the Ben Franklin House deal fell through: Im not fond of cats. Plus I really wasnt fond of paying $1100 to live in a place smaller than a cardboard box.

At this point, Im re-thinking the idea of jumping into a lease. I think its wise for me to test my new job out and see if I really like it. Until then, I suppose I could accept the offer of staying with my elder sister in DE. I'd have to drive to Wilmington, hop on the R1, and take it straight into Center City. The plus point of all that, of course, are the two munchkins Idrees and Fatima.

Today is my Khala's birthday... the BIG 6-0 (Dont tell her I said so) It doesnt matter though, she doesnt look it at all. It's a Sheikh thing. My mom and her sisters are truly the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Strong confident women who walk with their heads held high. Who wouldnt, coming from their background? I wished her a happy birhtday and totally made her day... my good deed for today. (now I can be mean MUAHAHAH AHAHA HAHAH... why does my evil laugh always sound like the Count's???) I didnt like him when I was little... he scared me. He scared me, and I thought Oscar was too mean. Oscar was too mean and Telly was too silly. Telly was too silly and Snuffleapagus put me to sleep when he spoke. Oh, and Big Bird was A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G!

I cant believe I used to watch that. I shall go now, and hide my head in shame.

No comments: