Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday...ugh.

I had to be toted to work again this morning. My car is at Nissan being fixed. They knocked off my mirror when they were washing my car from being serviced last time. My mirror finally came in so I made the earliest appointment possible. (Then regretted it this morning when I had to get up) Is it horrible of me that I didnt miss the mirror at all? And its the drivers side mirror. I dont use my side mirrors when driving. I dont trust them. I always glance around to my blindspots instead.

Two weeks left until the CAMP-Philly Gala! Buy your tickets online!

I'm going to leave this post with some memorable lines...

Office Space
"Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?"
"No. Sh*t, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that."

Sex and the City
Carrie: Later that day I got to thinking about fairy tales. What if Prince Charming had never shown up? Would Snow White have laid in that glass box forever? Or would she have gotten up, spit out the apple, gotten a job and a health care plan and moved on with her life?

Meet Joe Black
William Parrish: How perfect for you - to take whatever you want because it pleases you. That's not love.
Joe Black: Then what is it?
William Parrish: Some aimless infatuation which, for the moment, you feel like indulging - it's missing everything that matters.
Joe Black: Which is what?
William Parrish: Trust, responsibility, taking the weight for your choices and feelings, and spending the rest of your life living up to them. And above all, not hurting the object of your love.
Joe Black: So that's what love is according to William Parrish?
William Parrish: Multiply it by infinity, and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse of what I'm talking about.

Shakespeare In Love
Viola De Lesseps: I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that... over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable - like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture. Love - like there has never been in a play.

Gone With the Wind
Rhett Butler: I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names.

No comments: