Monday, February 19, 2007

God forgives all you say on MONDAY (so just SAY it!)

First and foremost, I have an Uncle who is sick in the hospital. Please pray for him so he gets better soon, iA. He's a really sweet Uncle.


OK. Let the ranting and raving begin...


...WHAT.IS.UP.WITH.VERIZON.TOWERS?!?! Im trying to send a picture message this morning and above ground I get no signal and somehow we go underground and I have full bar strength. Crazy.


...Deceptive.Weather. Yesterday, its bright and sunny and SNOWING? The skies eventually turned grey, but it was really weird for a minute.


...My.Answering.Machine/Voicemail. I dont ever check my messages, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? Some of you are finally getting the hang of me screening though and I must say I LOVE hearing people screaming/begging/pleading/singing? at the top of their lungs for me to pick up the phone. Haha, then they realize its not me, its THEM and they quietly hang up. Im kidding. Really, Im kidding. I pick up most all of the time if I am around. THE EXCEPTION: Friday nights. Friday nights are MY time. Its my watch a movie/facial sauna/do my nails kind of a night. I'd ask God to leave a message after the beep. OK, thats a joke. I'd pick up only for Him. All else...? You should know better! :P


...Sneezing.On.The.Train. Ok eww. Sneezing should be banned in all public places. Fineable offense, punishable by stoning. GROSS. Just dont do it! Some idiot seated in the seat accross the aisle from me sneezed and I was so disgusted I gave him a mean look but screamed at him still. Dont judge me. What I said was, "BLESS YOU..... (DAMMNIT!)" --- I didnt really say the last part... but he gave me this confused look so Im wondering whether or not I did....


...Michaels.Craft.Store. Nothing makes you feel more inadequate than a bunch of senior citizen women with oodles of spools of yarn discussing needle gagues who look at you funny when you pick up a machine that knits. GET OVER IT! I know how to knit, I just dont have three forevers and a day's worth of time to make one friggin scarf. You smile politely and put down the box thinking you'd love to say, "IF I DIDNT WORK, YOU WOULDNT HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK EVERY MONTH!!" but you mumble something like "HA. A machine that knits?? What will they think of next???" instead.


...Sitting.Next.To.My.Coworker.In.The.Next.Cubicle.And.She's.The.One.I.Message.All.Day.Long. Technology is the bastardization of society. Neither here nor there. We're always sending messages back and forth and in a QUIET QUIET office, we'll just all of a sudden start laughing and everyone else will be thinking, "What is going on???". Now they know. ;)


...HOSPITAL.EMPLOYEES.NEVER.HAVE.OFF! Ok, this really bugs me. I remember working for a bank was great because I had banker's hours and every single holiday known to man and made up ones off. As a hospital employee, we're NEVER off except for the major major holidays: Christmas, New Year's, TG. **sigh**


...Have I ranted and raved enough about the project? Yeah, I have. Im over it now. :)


...Why does it seem like Pakistanis make following the religion so much more difficult? Hear me out before you behead me: Take two girls. One Arab, and one Pakistani. (And yes, I realize this is a generalization but shoot me. Its one I have seen time and time again) The Arab girl is dressed in a low cut top with a short skirt and tall boots. The Pakistani girl is fulllly clothed, nikab, jilbab and hijab. The only way you know she's Pakistani is because she smells like masala. Theyre both Muslim. But yet, theres this very apparent difference. I dont know who either is fooling. I know the Arab world is conservative, and I know that Pakistanis can be liberal, too. (Gimme a BREAK, there are nightclubs in Pakistan for God's sake!) I dont know..........someone figure it out and get back to me.


...Ive been typing this and now my coffee is cold. And thats the last thing I shall rant about for today.


OH wait. I must post a picture of the boots I bought over the weekend. I never ever find any good sales, but I found the sweetest deal on these black boots that I needed. $7 steal. :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your uncle is doing better.

Also, it's funny you say that about Michael's craft store because my aunt came to visit over the weekend and she had to stop there because she's become a knitter in the past three weeks. I'd make fun of her but she's making hats for the homeless, so I feel kind of callous for mocking her in my head.

The Brown Girl said...

Thanks Kell.

Hats for the homeless... nice. Yes, that would be horrible of you. :P

Anonymous said...

She might make a hat for me too, but I think I have the wrong face shape for it.

So yeah, while visiting, she was sitting on the couch, knitting these hats. And she was churning them out, too. I was impressed. :)

--Kel (who can remember to sign her own name, really.)