Tuesday, February 27, 2007

No Caffeine - Day 2

"Sometimes it's like someone took a knife baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six-inch valley
Through the middle of my skull
At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet
And a freight train running through the
Middle of my head" - I'm on Fire, Bruce Springsteen

If I didnt know any better I'd swear he wrote that song about caffeine withdrawal. Yesterday, DAY 1, during the day went well. My headache started at 5pm on my train ride home. It started soft and dull and then by 7p it was like firecrackers were going off in my head. I went to sleep at 10p. I havent gone to sleep at 10p since the fourth grade. I woke up, exercised (I figured the release of energy would ATLEAST stop the voices -- jk), ate breakfast and I STILL had my headache.

I have decaffeineated coffee (how it got into my cart is a different story -- see.. there was this super hot guy in the coffee aisle and I had spent way too much time pretending to read the label of the CoffeeMate creamers, so I had to make a move, either away from or towards him. I wanted to say something but couldnt think of anything to say except, "Excuse me, could you grab me the DECAF coffee at the top of the shelf?" WHAT?? You woulda done it too..."HIND-SIGHT" it wasnt such a bad idea!) so I brewed myself a cup. It is 97.999% caffeine-free, so I figured it would be enough to take the edge off.

NOPE.

You guys this SUCKS. Im going out of my mind. SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP. MAKE IT STOP! Im actually on the web searching for others in my same predicament as me. http://coffeefaq.com/site/node/11

If you are SERIOUSLY opposed to swear words and the like I suggest you stop reading here because Im losing my grip and Im so not apologizing for it. You should leave now. Go google about flowers or dirt or something. (Did I mention Im PMSing, too?)

Tonight my cubby-buddy and I are taking the Director of Cytology out for dinner. (Laur: I'd like my wine in a BIG GULP please!) We're going to a nice restaurant, famous for good food and good dessert. Chocolate has caffeine in it right??!! MOTHER-F***!

Anyway, my headache seems to be subsiding. Blogging is therapeutic! And I got through this post with only one curse word.

:P

No comments: