Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Feelin' Better :)

There is a light at the end of the tunnel

I damn near hit rock bottom waiting for the train at Suburban station last night. DAMN NEAR LOST IT! Shakes, headache, chills, flashes of light, and the overrall head-spinning feeling making me almost throw-up my horseradish & herb bread crumb crust w/ cilantro & lime sauce tilapia.

Dinner was excellent last night with my Director from work and my cubby buddy. We went to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Rittenhouse Square. Its this really cozy place with really good food (call ahead cuz it gets packed!).

I came home at 8p and tried to relax and keep myself from climbing my walls. You know what I did? I looked through my high school yearbooks. Yes, in my lack-of-caffeine induced dimentia I was ridin' a huge wave of nostalgia. (narley? not quite)

I feel really really superific today, Alhamdulillah! I woke up bright and early, did my treadmill thing, and got the early train to work. Its nice outside, not too cold. Pa called me up this morning to chat. Here's how that went:

Pa: PUTRI! (term of endearment meaning dear daughter) I think your phone is not for making calls, but for receiving only. You never use it to call.
(its early, mind you but im in a good mood)
Me: Its actually for show. I neither call nor answer.
Pa: (laughs)
Me: How are you Pa?
Pa: Good, beta. (another term of endearment -- I wonder if he knows my real name) I have a joke to tell you.

Now my father is extremely funny -- he can make fun of you to your face and you will rolling on the floor, clutching your sides, from laughing so hard... at yourself. So I wait in anticipation of a joke that will make me pee in my pants.

Pa: Remind me to tell you when I see you.

Whaat? No joke? Or is that the joke? He does this on purpose because he's setting it up for me to come home and visit....soon because my curiosity will drive me insane.

I really DO need to go home though. I have laundry that is so old that it is now vintage goods. I could not for the life of me find my trouser socks this morning -- and I bought 6 new pairs over the weekend, I cant remeber where I put the bag. So I am wearing ankle-cut GYM socks with my loafers and trousers today. It was really sad sitting on the train and trying to hide the white that wanted to peak through. Not to mention the draft Im feeling because the socks are the really really low cut barely there brand.

So Im doing well today. No sign of a headache. No fear. I think I'll be okay afterall.

:P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah!!...and good to know you are feeling better.

Ouch!! talking about tilapia now makes my lunch apetite stimulated. ...Lets see where can I go in NYC to get this particular white meat fish...

This morning on the Staten Island Ferry and then hopping on the subway during my one way 2 hours commute, I was wondering how did your dinner went last night. Your blog answered it!! Girl..Keep it up!!

Feel Better.....

Ahsan
NYC