Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I AM SUPERWOMAN!

No, Im wayyy better than Superwoman! I kick Superwoman's asssss!!! I got sick with a stomach bug, stayed home and toook care of my throw-uppy butt all by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right -- didnt need anyone to hold my head or give me warm ginger ale, or chicken broth. Nope --- I made myself all better.

Ok -- Im too humble to look past the fact that my whole family was praying for my health too... so mad props to them and their connection with Allah (swt). He listened, imagine that! :P

So yeah, yesterday I took the day off work and stayed warm in my apartment and realized daytime tv isnt so bad --- and then Regis and Kelly ended and I was seriously bored. So I took the feng-shui quiz below, thought long and hard about life( a very longggg 4 1/2 minutes), worked on the CAMP newsletter, made adjustments to my social calender (haha -- yeah I actually need a calender now to keep track of stuff -- fancy that!), caught up on sleeep, took out the trash in my apartment (WHICH BY THE WAY IS NO EASY TASK. See.. where I live, the trash is picked up only on tuesday mornings -- which means it stays in my apt until -- not like apt complexes where there is a trash dump. Thank God for my laundry room where I can keep it away from the rest of the house-- anyway.. I usually am soo busy monday night that if i dont take trash out sunday then I miss the day.. and yeah.. it piles up... so yesterday i took out like 4 weeks of trash-- thank God it was during the day so my neighbors werent home to see that it was me -- THE BROWNGIRL WHO ISNT GREEN ENOUGH TO RECYCLE-- HEAVEN FORBID!!! THE HORRROR, THE HORRRRRROR!!)

ANYWAY --- getting back to my original story.. OH WAIT! My original original story of how I got sick actually starts back on Friday night. But follow me through chain of events of how I found out what was really wrong with me, pathologically speaking, anyway. Friday was a rainy/snowy/slushy mess. I was supposed to go down to Maryland to visit a friend but it was too nasty outside so I decided to hold off until Saturday. I went out with Lauren after work and we went to this really shady nasty place. DONT ASK! JUST DONT ASK! Got hit on by a couple of guys --- nasty nasty ewww. NEVER EVER GOING THERE AGAIN!

Saturday -- I wake up not exactly feeling well. I go outside to run a few errands before I leave -- when I come back I feel tired and all over groggy. Not able to realize what was really wrong with me, I decide to stay put. I stay inside doing normal chores the rest of the day. I fall asleep later and wake up early early Sunday morning with a very unsettling feeling. I pace back and forth in my apartment hallway from my living room to my bedroom, then finally to my bathroom. I couldnt quite put a finger on how I felt and as I realized it was the SAME WAY I felt during the morning of my sister's valima 5 yrs ago, I THREW UP! Thank God I had enough warning (and sense) to make it into the bathroom. From that point on til about midafternoon it was projectile vomitting every twenty minutes. Actually, it was vomitting the first two times and then dry-heaving all the rest (which is precisely why my chest, collarbone, and shoulders are hurting like crazyyy since yesterday -- from all the straining).

At 9am I realized I had spinach the night before and could possibly have gotten some weird strain of E.coli poisoning (highly UNlikely cuz I nuke everything I eat--- three times!) I call my parents and tell them Im not feeling well. 930am -- Papa: Maybe you should go to the hospital. I felt sooo bad I seriously that I wasnt going to make it -- it was THAT bad. I remember standing over the sink and I thought to say the Kulmah. And then I remembered that my sister had said that most ppl right before they pass away think to say it and it FREAKED ME OUT! So at first I wouldnt say it....... cuz in some childish/twisted way I figured if I didnt say it.. the Angel of Death would wait??... but then I thought it might be my only chance... so scared silly I said it......... but Allhamdulilah... still here.

Around 2pm Laur texts me and says she's not going to improv. class cuz she's been throwing up all day. My text to her: OMG ME TOO! So needless to say it was something we caught at the shdy place we went to after work friday night - that plus the extreme cold/rainy conditions/everythign else thats called prime conditions for growing bacteria in excess amounts. (eww.. I know)

Anyway, so we both took off yesterday and vowed today, never ever ever (ever ever, ever ever?) to go back. Lesson learned: if you didnt pay too much for it, you'll pay a lot later on.

No comments: