Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Airplane, a grizzly bear, and the stranger (oh my!)

Living at home alone has its glorifying moments: be as messy as you want, come and go as you like, sleep in whichever room you want, etc. BUT, after a while waking up in awkward positions on the living room sofa, tv blaring, all the lights on gets a bit old. I fell asleep last night after Prison Break (yes its back!!) and I woke up and went to my bedroom probably around 4am. Between 4 am and 5am when my alarm was to go off I had a string of crazy weird dreams.

One dream that I remember, my elder sister and I in my younger sisters bedroom at my parents house. She turns to me and says, "You have nice teeth."

Second dream, my cubby-buddy and I are seated at a bar. We are meeting up with my cubby-buddy's boyfriend. This random guy hops up to the bar and plops down next to the boyfriend. The bartender asks him if he wants anything. The guy says, "Hell no". As if to imply theres nothing good enough looking to hit on at this bar. He leans over and gets a glimpse of me and my cubby buddy and says something along the lines of....... I just found one, or now I have a reason. He tries to chat us up by sending over drinks which we refuse of course and the dream ends there.

Third dream and MOST bizarre dream: Im in a plane on the runway. Next to me is the ocean/bay. There is a bear that has washed up on the shore, lying motionless. I notice the bear but am not sure if anyone else notices, because no one seems afraid. Suddenly the bear comes to life and starts to make his way over towards us. Now people see the bear and I cant remember if anyone is afraid or screaming. I dont think I was afraid... I cant remember. The bear comes up to the side window and you can see his sharp teeth and snarl. It hits the plane and the plane shifts a little. Someone screams. I cant remember if Im screaming or worried or scared. All I remember thinking is... knowing someone was on his way to save me. He was driving, down this one windy road and I couldnt see him, but whoever it was he was on his way to find me.

According to dreammoods.com, to see an airplane in your dream, indicates that you will overcome your obstacles and rise above to a new level of prominence and status. You may experience a higher consciousness, new-found freedom and greater awareness.

To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear, denotes aggression, overwhelming obstacles and competition. You may find yourself in a threatening situation. Alternatively, bears symbolize the cycle of life and death and renewal. It may signal of period of introspection and thinking. The dream may also be a pun on "bare". Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open.

To see a stranger in your dream, symbolizes the part of yourself that is repressed and hidden.

You can take dreams as a literal proposition or you can find the hidden meaning behind the symbols. Dreams can be used as tools our soul uses to communicate with us. We try and hold on to the messages as much as we can, but much is lost.

What I am getting from all of this is that I am being faced with a multitude of challenges or "obstacles" if you will, that are difficult because I am being forced to "bare" all and come clean about my wants, desires, and hidden hurts in my life. It all makes sense.

One of the biggest questions plaguing me for a while now has been the identity of the one I will marry, and I have realized that all the analysing and all the overthinking and searching in the world will not help. The only place I have not looked is inside my heart. I dont know who I am barely enough to be able to figure out who could possibly be my counterpart.

Its like being robbed. I dont know what was there, so how could I possibly know what was taken?

The thing about me is that I am very hidden and guarded, from myself especially. Most people are able to let their parents, friends, family pick someone for them because these people know everything there is to know about them. Its hard for me to open up. Its hard for me to trust people. But I need to open up to myself....... and trust myself and Allah (swt), and know that iA I will find myself and He will guide me to the one Im bound to spend all forever and a day with.

:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bear was actually trying to help you, trying to get you off the plane, because it was going to crash. The guy running to help you, wasn't really trying to help you, he was the devil, trying to kill the bear, and the people screaming... well, they were Punjabis.

The Brown Girl said...

HAHAHA. are you sure they werent hydros at a biryani festival screamin cuz theyd never had it so good?

The Brown Girl said...

at a pakistani biryani festival that is.. haha

Anonymous said...

What you DON'T know about his biryani could fill a warehouse.

It's really good :}

En said...

Okay, you must have some super duper memory (Mash'allah) to remember ALL of that. I can barely remember ONE dream and you had three!! lol!

This whole dream interpretation thing really fascinates me. I don't believe in the westernized versions of the interpretations, so I stick to the Islamic ones. Although, the things I know are what I've heard from word of mouth. Like if you see teeth falling (out of your mouth that is)it's not good because it could signify something to do with your health. And that sort of stuff.