Monday, March 05, 2007

I dream in Chocolate

This weekend was loads of fun complete with a visit from my 2 favorite women, cranium, cake, and crazies!

Friday -- My mom tells me in the morning that they're going to be coming up to visit. She says this while Im inside my apartment dodging and jumping over junk just spilling out everywhere! My entire apartment is my closet -- clothes everywhere -- everywhere but hanging in closets. First things first, when I came home from work I went straight to the store and picked up cleaning supplies -- my faveeeeeee job ever! --- I bought a Mr. Clean mop which is a 3-in-1 miracle for bathrooms, dish detergent, and lip gloss. Im a sucker for shiny glittery lip gloss. I cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom -- floor and tub, tiles and toilet plus the sink. Next up, I mopped the kitchen floor, straightened my closets and vacuumed the whole place. The only thing left was the oodles of dishes spilling up and out of the sink. My sister and mother came bearing gifts -- yay! Valentines Day goodies, only 2 weeks late but thats ok I dont get to see them very often -- atleast they remembered!

Saturday -- We all slept on my bed in my room and how odd is it that the smallest of all, my sister, took up the largest amount of space?? We woke up pretty early -- my mother and I -- and so we took advantage of the time to chat which was the best. I had an early meeting in Center City so we decided to go out to Panera for breakfast, Mom really likes Panera. Just sitting with both of them and talking, I didnt want the moment to end. But, sadly, we parted ways and they went to my sisters house in DE.

Saturday night was a blast! I went to a friend's party, met a lot of cool people, played cranium for the first time (our team won!), and came back at almost 2am. Die-hard partying! LOL! Ive never been much on going out -- but finally Ive found Muslim friends to hang out with and it was a lottttttttt of fun!

Sunday -- I was home all day, putting things away, fixing things -- My hallway full-length mirror came crashing down one day last week by itself and hit a box of metal frames and broke, not in a million pieces thank God, but its got to be trashed. My first thought: Do I really need 7 more years of bad luck?


Last night apparently was the night of bad dreams. I was reading and fell asleep on my couch. The craziest thing: all the lights were on -- my tv was on but I woke up, startled, and I remember looking around and it was COMPLETELY dark and I looked over at the hallway to the back of the house and thought to get up and go to my room but for some reason I was too afraid to move. I thought I saw something in the hallway and I was either too tired or too scared but I went back to sleep -- I WOKE UP... TWO MINUTES LATER.. I swear to you it had to have been two minutes later and ALL MY LIGHTS WERE ON and MY TV WAS BLARING. Apparently, we had a power outage or surge or whatever because my microwave had no time where the clock is supposed to be. It just read "0". And the other really creepy thing: as I was telling my friend about my dream online I got this phone call on my cell phone from a number I didnt recognize. The number? 000-000-0000.

LOL. I googled it and apparently some people that call using Skype sometimes have this number come up on ids instead of their real one.

So Ive had two friends today come up to me and tell me about their crazy dreams -- one where I was being extremely annoying because Id gotten a promotion and it turns out Im (or they think Im) out of control (haha) and the other where a friend was lost in DC pushing around a laundry basket. Strangely, the basket pushing friend has a very very concise message in her dream: MOVE ON!

haha..

So for all the people emailing me to TELL me my blog hasnt been updated -- BITE ME. I had a very good weekend! :)

5 comments:

Stargazer said...

Sounds like a nice time! :) Wish I was there? Or was I? ;)

The Brown Girl said...

You totally rocked out girlie! Im checking out your blog now!!

En said...

Hello!

I linked to your blog through Huda's bloggy.

Re: your post...I love going to shop for cleaning products...I just hate doing the cleaning part :o)

And I love playing Cranium!! The more people you have the more fun you have! With our cousins, we usually play guys against girls (and naturally, girls kick...err win) :o)

p.s. nice blog, I'll be sure to visit again Insha'allah.

Enyur aka Nadia

Huda said...

I did not know that Skype calls sometimes show up as 000-000-0000! I've had the occasional missed call with that number too, so it's good to know where it's coming from. Thanks!

As for cleaning when your mom comes over, I do that too! I mean, I'm not a slob or anything, but my mom's such a neat freak that I clean the house even if it's just been cleaned. Surprise visits send my blood pressure skyrocketing. :)

And THANK YOU for offering to link the post. The more eyeballs I get, insha'Allah, the more money I'll raise. ;-) Here's a link to the post: http://www.hudakazi.com/2007/march/i.did.it.html and here's a link directly to the fundraising page: http://www.the3day.org/chicago07/hkazi

Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Thought!! I had a fun time on Saturday hanging out after a while in Soho area with my cousins and friends, but after reading ur blog I guess you did enjoyed the time as well, especially with family.

Never played Cranium, though heard a lot about it!!! I might have to play with my 7 years old son as the other young hubby (2 years) will break it into pieces like everything else...

Allah'hafiz,
Ahsan