Monday, March 26, 2007

Almost Getting Arrested.... Again


Yesterday, Im with a friend rollin' down Rt. 1. We come upon this cop car infront of us with lights on. The cop car was parked but it was parked perpendicular to us (so it looked like it was going to the right). We couldnt decide if it was turning, pulling the car infront of it over, blocking traffic, or what. So we decided it was going right and I went around the car. I make it to the next light and notice a fire truck and another cop. This one was out directing traffic. Made sense to be ushering us to a detour route. I look in my mirror, thinking, Oh God, I was supposed to take a turn. But I kid you not, it really looked like there was no way to turn. Usually cops are OUTSIDE directing traffic.

I get pulled over. TWO, yes TWO officers step out and over to my car. Ok - lets stop here for a second: I realize Philly has a lot of crime, but why is it that ONLY the innocent are targeted? TWO COPS coming after me and my friend in a sentra. Believe me, we didnt look suspicious. Ok so she was wearing hijab. Ok so what my tags were from Maryland. And my wheel covers are missing. (DAMN -- How the hell did I NOT get pulled over sooner?! jk)

Lady Officer: I KNOW you saw my flashing lights and you have the nerve to go around me?? LICENSE AND REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE.
Me: I didnt know which way you were headed. You were in the middle. No direction signs. We both thought about which way you were going and decided you were turning right instead of blocking the way.
LO: You saw other cars turning.
Me: (looking over at my friend) No there were no cars for us to follow their lead.

I cant believe I was able to locate all important documents. I hand them to her. The two go back. On their way back they met all these motorists passing by just like we did. Pshh, some ROAD block they had going. The LO stops to chat with one of the other motorists. Yeah, ok, if it was that big of a deal.. why come after us? Secondly, why wasnt her lazy behind up and out of the car directing traffic? You cant just sit in your car and expect motorists to know whats going on. And up ahead there was another LO who was doing just that!

She comes back with my stuff.

LO: This is just a verbal warning. Next time you see a block you stop. Its a $170 fine.

Now I was going to argue, but I know enough to know when to shut up. Had I said something, Im sure she would have found something to ticket me for. So I let it go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a good place to share my own cop story.

I was going home after watching a play at school (it was for my acting class!) and got pulled over going 34, 35 in a 35 zone (the Valley speed limits blow!).

Immediately a cop pulls me over and without asking for my license or registration asked how fast I thought I was going. I told him I was driving within the limits and he responded, "you were going 60...do you mind stepping out of the car?" He then asked me if I was drunk and made me stand on one leg and balance / touch my nose, all that good stuff.

THE NERVE of that man! If I just was a little bit smarter, I would have taken his name / license number and reported him.

So he bids me farewell and being the nice guy that he is, "let's me off with a warning."

~eysheikah said...

Thanks God, you did not argued!!!...some people you don't want to argue with until you are a licensed litigator. Phewwwww...

~eysheikah