Monday, May 21, 2007

Honesty Has Gone Out of Style...Honestly.


Ok so I have updates. I finally get in touch with the lady better known as the one representing me in my GEICO claim from my accident that happened not too long ago but long enough for me to be angry at having always have to walk home in the rain.

The lady takes my statement and then shuts off the recorder. Aah, the real conversation begins on her part now. She tells me that the other lady in the accident is claiming she was parked and that I hit her.

I almost drop my phone as I hear this and try and keep my composure while ROFL at the same time.

Me (to insurance adjuster): Are you kidding me?!

Her: There is a police report right?

Me: Of course there is. I cant believe she would change her story like that especially when she knows I called the police and the officer issued a report. He read it to me because I asked to see what he wrote. Her story makes no sense at all.

Her: (laughs) Yeah, I know.

What is this world coming to? Really I just want this all over and behind me. Last night my father calls to ask for details. Im tired of going over this time and time again, I really didnt feel like talking about it, moreover I know what he really wanted to say.

Pa: Beta, is everything ok? How far have things gotten?

Me: Nowhere. Nothing. They're still taking statements. Im fed up because I want my car back, fixed, and I want someone else to pay.

Pa: Do you want me to get involved?

Ok -- so let me breakdown my Pops for those who might not know: 6' 2", big build, balding and white -- makes him look like an ex-skinhead with strong ties still, blue eyes that look fire red when he's angry, kills bugs with his mean look and ... for those who scurry fast but not fast enough he crushes them with his bare hands. What makes him angry? Someone who messes with his daughters.

Now, I would love to let him figure everything out and deal with the situation. Believe me, its not an empty threat. They'd much rather deal with me, Im sure. Pa has this thing about him when he gets angry he questions everything. No, its not playing dumb, its worse.. its his attempt at establishing dominance and it works. I've seen people, intelligent/educated people crumble in an arugment with him... especially if they're right. He's got a wicked sense of humor where he will make fun of you ---- and make even YOU laugh at yourself, unknowingly, and even when you realize it... you cant stop because you're in shock.

I would love to have him 'deal with it' for me, because Im sure somehow I'd get comped for last week too, but then how will it teach me anything? How will I learn to deal with my own problems? When will I stop using him as a crutch? I can be mean when I need to be. I'll figure this one out. And iA I'll do it all on my own. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have to metro to know that her outfit is a fashion nightmare.

I don't think it's weak to accept help when it's offered. It doesn't make you any less of a woman (or a man). It depends on the individual though. If you're a needy, dependent person you need to break free...but if you're responsible and independent, then more power to you! You can take advantage of that and ask for help, knowing that even if it weren't there you'd be able to get by :) And you've already proven that much so far.

But it's ultimately your decision, and there's no right or wrong answer. Whatever you're more comfortable with, so long as you aren't hurting yourself for no reason.

mystic-soul said...

did i miss yr accident story?