Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday...again.


My weekend was so blah. SO BLAH! I'm so not a fan of weekends anymore. Im more productive during the week and I prefer the stability and order of weekdays over sleeping in til 2pm Saturday mornings. Im a NUT when it comes to being myself. Being able to stay up late, even at my age, is so intoxicating -- hence being knocked out til 2p the next day -- Im like a little child who still loves her Friday nights.

Anyway, here's the RECAP--

Friday - So all week long it seemed like it was a Friday. You know those weeks where it feels like a Friday prematurely -- it's emotionally and physically exhausting because you're so ready for Friday ..its a constant "Is it Friday YET!?!" kind of week. By the time Friday does come you couldnt care less. So Friday was the only day of the week that didnt feel like a Friday. After work, I was meeting a friend for sushi --- that we'd planned for Tuesday but somehow kept getting pushed back -- at 6p. Between getting off work and meeting her for dinner, Laur -- my partner in crime -- had enough time to find trouble. We went shopping and then went to a cigar bar - my idea -- because I'd never been before. Now, I'm so not one of those people that can try something and be like, "Hmm.. I sense a hint of lily, or taste a pinch of [insert exotic aroma/flavor here].", I'm the girl that could be puffin' on a $45 cigar and not know the difference between that and the black and milds sold at the Exxon gas station -- Ok, Im lying... My favorite comment of the night: Wow... there's hardly any ash to these. Laur: Because the paper is slow burning unlike the cheap crap.

Sushi was wonderful. I cant imagine why anyone would want to eat anything coooked if they can just eat it raw. I had the most amazing ice cream at the Japanese restaurant - black sesame -- if you havent had any then you need to run to the Jap restaurant and cop you some. It has this.......unique taste.. like.. peanut butter -- duh sesame... and it looks like this moldy blue/grey color -- dont be turned off its really reallly good.

Anyway, Id love to tell you about Saturday and Sunday but they were rather uneventful.

This morning my sister calls me up while I was on the train -- Mimi: Monday.. again. IT just keeps coming doesnt it?! We think for less than a minute then quickly decide its a GOOD thing it keeps coming otherwise it means we're six feet under.

I was really ticked off this morning on the train -- you know the seats in the front are always a bit different than the rest -- wel on this train the four seats in the front are two on one side and two opposite -- like a square and very little room. I dont know what got into me but no one was in the square this mornign so I jumped in and I got so ANGRY when this guy sat infront of me to the left a little and then at the next stop this WOMAN with ALL THE LOST BAGGAGE IN THE WORLD got into the seat next to me, and her stufff forced the man to move accross from me. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE iT! I hate being confined. Its like being suffocated slowly. MOVE THE F*** OVER! AUugh. And then why is it that when Im the most THUNG that the train has to have problems and move its slowest?!

Conspiracy.. again.. to piss me off........early Monday morning. I lose. They win. Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, just how late did you stay up, that you slept until 2pm? Or are you catching up on a week's worth of insomnia?

I remember one week while working on my Shark Fishing project, I was getting up at around 3am every morning so we could hit the docks early. Get up at 3, pack everything and get ready for the day, get to my boss' by 4 and be at the marina by 5. Then prepare for a six hour + journey at sea, encompassed entirely of work that was either a) physically exhausting, b) mentally draining, or c) all of the above.

I can't seem to recall if I had summer school at the time and just skipped classes, but if I did, I either failed or miraculously passed.

I swear, I don't think I ever in my life slept as much as I did that week. Coming home around 4, I'd knock out in my bed until the next morning.

Wow, that was seemingly random. I know I began telling it for a reason, and I was supposed to get to the point somewhere along the line, but I can't remember what it was now...

I'm sure it'll come to me.

(ok, two hours have passed since I wrote that and I'm still oblivious. )

The Brown Girl said...

perhaps the point was to illustrate sleeping in? but I know better than to find meaning in everything because my stories rarely ever have meaning and you all still read LOL.

Anyway, yes I stay up late during weekends because I can........and then the next day Im all messed up. Its not like it used to be when I could sleep late and wake up early. I mean I can do that... during the week because Im forced to but any other time it just doesnt work..