Thursday, May 31, 2007

Pirates of The CoffeeBean: Lancer-Lot Remix

So I havent had a heart to heart with my blog in a while so I have to backtrack a bit to catch up on everything from Memorial Day Weekend to the present.

Thursday night's halaqa was absolutely amazing, mA! My friend did her topic on Yoga and Islam --- she's a hugeeeee yoga fan. She basically correlated salat to yoga positions and told the benefits of each healthwise. Who knew salat was not only mental exercise but physical as well? She also had a whole powerpoint presentation, which was very nicely done. She totally raised the bar on all subsequent halaqas.. (I bet the brothers never thought of takin' it to that status.. I imagine seeing guys gathered at an apartment shared by a million and one bros...sitting on cushions and eating cake and drinking from juiceboxes) Women are soo much more .... couth. LOL

At night, my two friends spent the night and we decided to catch a late showing of the Pirates 3. We were checking timings and this is where you can totally tell Ive lead a sheltered life wayyy too long: the last showtime was 12:10a and I cringed having to tell the girls that and possibly ruin a good time. They werent bothered by the time a bit! I was like.. woohoo.. stayin up late... go farah.. its yo birffday! haha. So check it out... we went. IN OUR PYJAMAS. IN TOTALLY DESI STYLE ordered one thing of popcorn and one large drink -- about the size of my head in diameter and asked for paper cups. We divided the popcorn and drink into cups.. it was perfect. Three people ate from the "one" serving of popcorn and drink and we STILL had leftovers. No wonder the US is obese! Epic porportions of everything. We seriously felt like babysitters though: where did all these fetuses come from!? Rowdy, obnoxious, "make-you-wanna-slap-em-upside-the-head" obnoxious at that!

Anyway, the weekend wasnt too exciting. Cutie niece turned 2 mA.

Yesterday I get a call from GEICO stating they have come to a conclusion about my car accident: i win. she loses. Well, its not really win/loss but my damages will be covered under her policy and I got my rental car. Accidents are horrible, but if you must have one, I hope you are lucky enough to be the one who is found not to be at fault. So everything Allhamdullilah is being taken care of. First person I called: Pa, obviously. I wanted to let him know that his daughter made it on her own! Remember, he had suggested to make a phonecall on my behalf and "handle" it. That was a tempting offer, but I wanted to learn from the experience. And now I know.. that even two states away from home, Farah's got it all under control..........thanks to Allah (swt) of course.

So since yesterday Ive been driving around.. everywhere, I got 2 weeks worth of making up to do.

Laur: I woulda been knee deep in speeding tix by now if I were you and didnt have a car for that long and then suddenly got one.

Its amazing how much of our mood is affected by routine. Not having a car threw everything off course. I spent 3 hours in Walmart.. not really shopping but just walking around.. being near people. I hardly went anywhere in the past two weeks and I didnt do any grocery shopping at all. Next time: I stock up on bottled water and make sure I know where my flashlight is. (i still have to unpack...or FIND actually... the box where my flashlight is... everytime theres a thunderstorm i cringe at the possiblilty of losing electricity and being plunged into darkness. I can not have a car for two weeks.. but I will not go a minute without light!)

So anyhow, all is well that ends well... iA.. whatever is Allah's (swt) will.

Lastly: A pic of my hot tamale rental car... never driven a red car before.

No comments: