Thursday, May 17, 2007

Insurance Companies Suck!

(Keep talking, Im reloading)
I had a request from a reader wanting to know more about my insurance situation and basically right now its plain and simple: IT BITES! Its all up in the air still because, as my luck would have it, the state of PA doesnt need to assign total blame to one party. It can be a partial blame scenario. So I suppose even parked, I could be liable for some of her hitting me.
Ok Im so angry -- someone pray for me -- like say a few lines NOW. This is where I begin to really hate American politics and business practices. It always seems like the honest people miss out. Im in a parked car and she hits me and its possibly my fault? Im sorry, try that statement again and use a small child in place of my parked car. Is the child at fault for standing somewhere and being struck by a car? Let's go one step further and fine the parents for having the child in the first place! Had they not had him, he would not be in this world to EVER be anywhere near the wrong place at the right time. Its absurd!

First and foremost, Im getting royaly screwed both ways because no one is fighting for my best intersts, especially the adjuster assigned to my case with my best interests in mind. Remember, I dont have comprehensive on my policy. For those who might not follow this means should I be in an accident and its my fault -- my insurance will cover damages to the other vehicle(s), not my own. Now, should the other lady have had another insurance company, it would be in my best interests, SCREW THAT, it would be in GEICO'S best interest to fight in my favor so that they would not have to pay out. Here... the other lady has GEICO. If she's at fault, then GEICO pays me. If Im at fault, GEICO pays no one.
Get it?
Yeahhhhhhh, exactly. Ive got no one on my side. So the adjuster tells me that the police report, which puts me as parked and her as striking me, carries no weight.
Excuse me? When a cop comes to trial on a traffic violation to state that you were exceeding the speeding limit by Xmph, you BETTER believe your ass is losing the case! So in that case, his word counts?
Adjuster: Well, my client can argue that you moved your car before the cop arrived.

Me: Your client is a God-damned liar anyway, what difference would that make?
Insurance companies get pissed off... PISSED OFF when people commit insurance fraud, yet we're left defenseless when huge corporations rape us under police supervision!
So my claim that I put up Saturday afternoon has been re-opened for investigation and an adjuster has been reassigned to my case. I wondered why someone hadnt called me and then I get this phone call, on my cell, at work, to ask for a statement which Id already given Saturday afternoon right after the accident had happened, when it was super fresh in my mind. Anyway, I didnt get to finish the conversation because my call got dropped, damn Verizon!

Honestly, I know its making me walk to and from everyday and thats supposed to make me more humble, but its doing nothing but making my blood boil. Not to mention Im running out of things to throw at my television everytime I see a GEICO commercial.

No comments: