Sunday, May 20, 2007

Under Where?


So it happened. I finally had the one dream I have read about but never ever experienced myself. This dream has many variations and the most common theme is being in nothing but your underwear and on stage for all to see.




My dream did not quite go like this. In my dream, I am fully clothed but through my clothes my underwear can be seen. It's this really strange, granny floral print. Hideous. Its frighteningly pre-pubescent. So in my dream, Im wearing a very unforgiving see through green shalwar kameez... think dupatta material, very sheer. The only thing is you cant see anything else. Nothing else shows through except for my underwear which believe me has me wanting to hide in a closet.




In my dream, Im at this dinner/banquet/awards ceremony. It happened Saturday night, so Ive had the day to make sense of it, some things are not that fresh but it might come to me. It makes me think Im at a school ceremony, perhaps a reunion? It happens to be that my ten year high school reunion is right around the corner. Yikes! Believe me thats a lot to be afraid of. So Ive been thinking about it lately. I always in the past have wanted to go to the point where I couldnt wait until the time would come. Now Im not so sure I want to go.




Anyway, in my dream my underwear is revealed through my clothing and I frantically try and find someone who will help me. I believe in the dream I ask a friend to help me. We're in a hotel. Im not sure why its not easy enough for me to go upstairs and change. I remember telling someone where my underwear drawer in my dresser in my apartment. The person either forgets or goes and checks and cant find a solid color anywhere.




Ive heard of these dreams so much and I have never had them myself. Naturally, I cannot wait to go look up the meaning. I already have somewhat of a notion as to what will be the interpretation.




I get a text message from a friend to go out for the day in Center City. It was a gorgeous day to be out and about. (Yes, Im prolonging getting to the good part of my underwear story... you'll just have to wait til Im finished... I had to.) I had a really nice time. We met up for lunch and a movie. We watched Spiderman 3. It was a nice movie but I can see how people thought it was too much. It was too long and there was a lot of plot crammed in. Too many heroes. :)




Anyway, on my way back home it got a little late... the grey, dreary skies let loose and it started raining. I ended up having to walk back in the rain - Friday night I got back late from having a pedicure and dinner in the city with friends. We tried out a very new indian restaurant @ Ben Franklin House and it was pretty good but I got back late and it was already dark by the time I got to my train stop. I ended up calling my professor and she picked me up instead of having me walk. Very nice of her.




Ok anyway, so finally I've just gotten the chance to look up the meaning of my dream and it reads as follows:




underwear - If you feel ashamed of being seen in your underwear, then it indicates your hesitance in revealing your true feelings, attitudes, and other hidden habits/ideas.




I think this theme fits because I remember freaking out about people seeing my underwear through my clothes. This interpretation fits. Something to hide huh? Hmmm.. true feelings?! Oh God, there are soo many things in this world that Im not honest to myself about.




The truth will set you free.




Or kill you. :)




So now I have an even bigger task --- find out what it is that I need to get off my chest.
High School Reunion: August 25, 2007. Are you serious??? Suddenly I don't feel like going.

3 comments:

Sikki said...

:) well its a classic embarrasment dream. It may symbolize aspects of your private life. However, I read someplace that underwear dreams also represent coming success. What is close to you and hidden is suddenly revealed.

In any case, go buy one with floral prints and start your 'dream collection':)

The Brown Girl said...

there are tons of interpretations some are explicit, but for the most part i agree with the one where it means being afraid of having something come out... or the truth be known. etc.

The Brown Girl said...

what that could be is beyond me... everything is in plain sight on my blog. lol