Monday, April 23, 2007

Nobody Asked Me If I Wanted To Grow Up!

(Heaven On Earth)


I'm in a sugar coma dreaming of chocolate rivers, gingerbread houses, buttercream clouds, peppermint stick sidewalks, and caramel coated toffee crusted lampposts.

Wait? What's that I hear? Its the icecream man! Its the ice cream man!!

I run over to the truck, tossing kids left and right, right up to his window, I can smell hot fudge and sugar... the blood in my veins is singing with excitement -- insulin racing through it to prepare for the WORST -- its WAR!

Ice cream Man: What'll it be sweetheart?
Me: I want it all, gimme gimme everything ya got.. gimme.. gimme... a diet coke float with soybean ice cream and fat free whipped cream?

Aaah, shit!

He hands me a stick of gum -- on the house.

Being an adult BITES!
I'm trying this cleansing "diet" out for the next 7 days: nothing edible, just liquids. Im dreaming in candy now. I just hit an all time low... someone pray for me!
I intend to reach a level of ibadat where I no longer need fuel to sustain my body, but rather dhikr alone.
If I die... please bury me in a chocolate covered cookie whipped something or other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First and foremost, our prayers are with you.

Mashallah, your level of intentions for ibadat is well respected and I am sure you will achieve your goal. Inshallah.

~eysheikah

The Brown Girl said...

jazak'Allah. My blog seems to be taking on a different note as days go on... i'll be back with the funny -- life just isnt funny right now.. too much going on.. too many sick friends and relatives.. iA i will keep my promise and pray for their health.