Friday, April 27, 2007

Silly Note

My blog is like a mut at an animal shelter. It gets love, but no one takes it home.

I've got a mix of religious ideology, rabid rants, and wicked humor. I've hit my quota for the religious aspect, and now Im about to turn up the volume on funny.

Ok. By now you all know Im obviously very single. Looking, but single. Thats very much different from "Single and Looking". See, the latter implies desperation, while the former implies ... implies... hmm.. what's the word? ... contentment? I'm looking but choosing to remain single for now... or until the absolute perfect, eye-poppin, jaw-droppin, heart -stoppin' specimen arrives across my microscope stage begging to be given a thorough look.

WHOAH -- search and retrieval of your mind in procession -- bring it back! bring it back!

I meant thorough examination in terms of the inside, the core, the personality... etc. (tough crowd!)

But desperation is not in my cards, yet. I aint going out like that! I am so proud of myself for being out and about/busy this whole week!

Monday -- I was shopping for detachable showerheads (no thats not a joke-- its zabiha intention wallahi) with a very very very awesome, super sexxxy, fashionista friend in South Philly. Lingonberry, anyone?

Tuesday -- I was visiting a sick friend, who thankfully is doing much better. I will visit her today iA with Laur.

Wednesday -- Sam and I made aloo gobi. :P

Thursday -- Halaqa

Today - Im hanging out with friends after work at a restaurant of some sort of nationality (Turkish?) up near Penn iA.

Saturday --- get this. There are these "matrimonial" events held by a masjid and basically, its unwed guys and girls being given a chance to talk... speed talk.. and possibly get something going. Trust me, its halal but it serves as nothing but entertainment for my friends and I.

I got suckered into saying yes last night by none other than star-gazer extraordinaire fashionista herself. Everyone was like yeah... you should come too Farah!!!

Me: Wait, I think Im busy. Aren't we ---
Fashionista: No, we're not. You're not busy!

Well, damn! My alibi ratted me out! I felt like that "I-think-I-hear-my-mom-calling-me" kid. (its all good though. she made the most awesomest brownies EVER!!!!!)

So I'm still deciding but if I do go I will most definitely blog about it later.

My life is busy right now. Coming to Philly has definitely turned out to be every bit worth it and iA I know it will prove to be the key to unlocking countless blessings iA... but its neat because right now.. Im content with finding myself.. and building friendships that I didnt have an option for before. But Im certainly not making my decision to marry one purely out of desperation. Screw that! Im having wayyy too much fun!

Right now, all I gotz ta say is someone better jump on the chance now before my "I do"... needa man.. becomes an "I don't" anymore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Farah,
"Silly Response"
Hmmm!!! Let me start by saying- Admit it!!! you are desparate, looking, seeking or whatever word you want to use... OR at least it sounds like from your note. Otherwise why would you even justify yourself in this note....it is just like saying a sentence "With all due respect....", indirectly meaning "with no respect" to make your point. Just a silly observation.

You should go to saturday matrimonial event just for fun sake. Consider it a free entertainment without a ticket!!!...Look forward to hear the clips on Monday about the event on your blog. In the meantime, tonight, enjoy the Turkish food and stay away from the lamb meat (it stinks and tastes weird too).

Allah-Hafiz
~eysheikah

Anonymous said...

Farah's going speed dating! Did you ever see that movie, Hitch? (With Will Smith and the big guy from King of Queens).

Just kidding. I know what you're referring to. Well, at least it sounds like you'll have fun there. I'll be good and wait until Monday to make my obligatory wisecracks.

You need to work on your excuses though. Saying, "sorry, I don't speak English" would have been more believable than your effortless attempt to weasel out. :}

You omitted Sunday though! That's a big day for you. Best of luck with the walk! :D It isn't coincidence that your run is on the same weekend that I asked my mom to make kalayji! (ok, so it is..) but I'll be sure to send you some ;) You only said no pictures.

Keeping busy always feels great, but your health comes first. Enjoy your weekend, but please be careful not to burn yourself out.

The Brown Girl said...

Lauren: so wait you've done one of these before?

Farah: no. i heard

Lauren: oh ok. anyone have anything good come of it?

Farah: some do yeah

Lauren: like marriage?

Farah: yup

Lauren: wow. use your lip liner!

Farah: hahaha

thats my girl.. LOL

Huda said...

Possibly she is just thinking out loud, and that's why she wrote this post? There is a HUGE difference between "single and looking" and "single but looking". The former have one goal in life, and that is to get married. The latter have a full and busy life already, but if somebody good happened to come along, they wouldn't say no.

Good luck at the matrimonial session. I got shanghied into one three years ago, and... well, it made for some good stories, at least. Like that one guy who had been in the country a month and was looking for an American wife... uh, no. Thanks. I don't care if you're fair and a doctor.